Meaning of ALLOCATION
|Pronunciation: || ||`alu'keyshun|
| ||Definition:|| |
- [n] (computer science) the assignment of particular areas of a magnetic disk to particular data or instructions
- [n] the act of distributing by allotting or apportioning; "the apportionment of seats in the House of Representatives is based on the relative population of each state"
- [n] a share set aside for a specific purpose
ALLOCATION is a 10 letter word that starts with A.
| ||Synonyms:|| ||allotment, allotment, apportioning, apportionment, assignation, parceling, parcelling|
| ||See Also:|| ||assigning, assignment, deal, distribution, grant, parcel, part, percentage, portion, portion, quota, rationing, reallocation, reallocation, reallotment, reapportionment, share, share, subsidisation, subsidization|
|Webster's 1913 Dictionary|
| ||Definition:|| |
\Al`lo*ca"tion\, n. [LL. allocatio: cf. F.
1. The act of putting one thing to another; a placing;
disposition; arrangement. --Hallam.
2. An allotment or apportionment; as, an allocation of shares
in a company.
The allocation of the particular portions of
Palestine to its successive inhabitants. --A. R.
3. The admission of an item in an account, or an allowance
made upon an account; -- a term used in the English
| ||Related Terms:|| ||allotment, appointment, apportionment, appropriation, arrangement, array, arraying, assignment, attribution, collation, collocation, constitution, denomination, deployment, deposit, deposition, designation, determination, disposal, disposition, distribution, earmarking, emplacement, fixing, form, formation, formulation, lading, loading, localization, locating, location, marshaling, order, ordering, packing, pinning down, pinpointing, placement, placing, positioning, posting, precision, putting, regimentation, reposition, selection, setting aside, signification, situation, specification, spotting, stationing, stipulation, storage, stowage, structuring, syntax, tagging|