Meaning of HEALTHFUL
|Pronunciation: || ||'helthful|
| ||Definition:|| |
- [adj] conducive to good health of body or mind; "a healthful climate"; "a healthful environment"; "healthful nutrition"; "healthful sleep"; "Dickens's relatively healthful exuberance"
- [adj] free from filth and pathogens; "sanitary conditions for preparing food"; "a sanitary washroom"
HEALTHFUL is a 9 letter word that starts with H.
| ||Synonyms:|| ||alterative, anthelminthic, anthelmintic, antimicrobial, antimicrobic, beneficial, carminative, cathartic, curative, drugless, flatus-relieving, good, healing(p), helminthic, hygienic, hygienical, medicative, medicinal, parasiticidal, preventative, preventive, prophylactic, psychotherapeutic, recuperative, remedial, restorative, salutary, sanative, sanitary, therapeutic|
| ||Antonyms:|| ||insanitary, unhealthful, unsanitary|
| ||See Also:|| ||antiseptic, wholesome|
|Webster's 1913 Dictionary|
| ||Definition:|| |
1. Full of health; free from illness or disease; well; whole;
sound; healthy; as, a healthful body or mind; a healthful
2. Serving to promote health of body or mind; wholesome;
salubrious; salutary; as, a healthful air, diet.
The healthful Spirit of thy grace. --Book of
3. Indicating, characterized by, or resulting from, health or
soundness; as, a healthful condition.
A mind . . . healthful and so well-proportioned.
4. Well-disposed; favorable. [R.]
Gave healthful welcome to their shipwrecked guests.
| ||Related Terms:|| ||advantageous, aiding, alive and kicking, alleviative, beneficial, benign, bracing, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, chipper, constitutional, corrective, curative, enjoying health, eupeptic, fine, fit, fit and fine, full of beans, good, good for, health-enhancing, health-preserving, healthy, helpful, hygeian, hygienic, in condition, in fine fettle, in fine whack, in good case, in good health, in good shape, in health, in high feather, in mint condition, in shape, in the pink, invigorating, mitigative, profitable, refreshing, remedial, restorative, salubrious, salutary, sanative, sanitary, tonic, useful, wholesome|