Meaning of CONCEALMENT
|Pronunciation: || ||kun'seelmunt|
| ||Definition:|| |
- [n] the activity of keeping something secret
- [n] a covering that serves to conceal or shelter something; "they crouched behind the screen"; "under cover of darkness"
- [n] the condition of being concealed or hidden
CONCEALMENT is a 11 letter word that starts with C.
| ||Synonyms:|| ||concealing, cover, covert, hiding, privacy, privateness, screen, secrecy|
| ||See Also:|| ||activity, blind, bosom, burial, burying, camouflage, camouflage, confidentiality, cover, covering, covering, cover-up, disguise, isolation, mask, masking, money laundering, screening, shoji, stalking-horse, stealing, stealth|
|Webster's 1913 Dictionary|
| ||Definition:|| |
\Con*ceal"ment\, n. [OF. concelement.]
1. The act of concealing; the state of being concealed.
But let concealment, like a worm i' the bud, Feed on
her damask cheek. --Shak.
Some dear cause Will in concealment wrap me up
2. A place of hiding; a secret place; a retreat frem
The cleft tree Offers its kind concealment to a few.
3. A secret; out of the way knowledge. [Obs.]
Well read in strange concealments. --Shak.
4. (Law) Suppression of such facts and circumstances as in
justice ought to be made known. --Wharton.
| ||Related Terms:|| ||abri, air-raid shelter, airtight secrecy, asylum, bolt-hole, bomb shelter, bombproof, bunker, cache, cave, close secrecy, closeness, corner, cover, covert, coverture, cranny, crypticness, cubby, cubbyhole, cyclone cellar, dark corner, den, disappearance, discreetness, discretion, dugout, earth, evasion, evasiveness, fallout shelter, foxhole, funk hole, hiddenness, hideaway, hideout, hidey hole, hiding, hiding place, hole, hugger-mugger, hugger-muggery, immateriality, imperceptibility, indiscernibility, invisibility, lair, niche, nonappearance, nook, recess, refuge, retreat, safety zone, sanctuary, secrecy, secret place, secretiveness, secretness, shelter, stash, storm cave, storm cellar, subterfuge, the dark, the invisible, the unseen, trench, uncommunicativeness, undercovert, unperceivability, unseeableness, unsubstantiality, viewlessness|