Meaning of PUT-DOWN
|Pronunciation: || ||'pût`dawn|
| ||Definition:|| |
- [n] (informal) a crushing remark
- [v] make a record of; set down in permanent form
- [v] put down in writing; of texts, musical compositions, etc.
- [v] leave or unload, esp. of passengers or cargo;
- [v] cause to sit or seat or be in a settled position or place; "set down your bags here"
- [v] put in a horizontal position; "lay the books on the table"; "lay the patient carefully onto the bed"
- [v] reduce in worth, character, etc.; disgrace; dishonour
- [v] cause to come to the ground; of aircraft
PUT-DOWN is a 8 letter word that starts with P.
| ||Synonyms:|| ||bring down, degrade, demean, discharge, disgrace, drop, enter, get down, land, place down, record, repose, set down, set down, squelch, squelcher, takedown, unload, write down|
| ||See Also:|| ||abase, accession, air-drop, arrive, blow, book, build on, build upon, bury, cache, chagrin, chalk up, chronicle, clock in, clock on, clock up, come, dash down, dash off, dehumanise, dehumanize, deliver, derision, document, entomb, file, file away, film, flump, get, hive up, hoard, humble, humiliate, inhume, inscribe, inter, keep, lay, lay aside, lay away, lay over, lay to rest, lie, log, log up, maintain, manifest, mark, mortify, notate, notch, note, photograph, place, plank, plonk, plop, plump, plump down, plunk, plunk down, pose, position, post, preserve, punch in, put, rail, rebury, reduce, register, repose on, rest on, ring up, save, save, save up, score, set, set down, shoot, snap, squirrel away, stash, superimpose, superpose, take, take down, tally, tape, transcribe, videotape, wharf, write|