Meaning of COME OUT
|Pronunciation: || ||kum awt|
| ||Definition:|| |
- [v] appear or become visible; make a showing; "She turned up at the funeral"; "I hope the list key is going to surface again"
- [v] be issued or published, as of news in a paper, a book, or a movie; "Did your latest book appear yet?"; "The new Woody Allen film hasn't come out yet"
- [v] come out of; "Water issued from the hole in the wall"; "The words seemed to come out by themselves"
- [v] as of teeth, for example; "The tooth erupted and had to be extracted"
- [v] take a place in a competition; often followed by an ordinal; "Jerry came in third in the Marathon"
- [v] be made known; be disclosed or revealed; "The truth will out"
- [v] to state openly and publicly one's homosexuality; "This actor outed last year"
- [v] bulge outward; "His eyes popped"
- [v] make oneself visible; take action; "Young people should step to the fore and help their peers"
- [v] come forth or out; "You stick the coins in, but they come out again"; "His hair and teeth fell out"
- [v] prove to be in the result or end; "How will the game turn out?"
| ||Synonyms:|| ||all out, break through, bug out, bulge, bulge out, come forth, come forward, come in, come on, come out of the closet, come to the fore, egress, emerge, erupt, go forth, issue, out, place, pop, pop out, protrude, push through, show up, step forward, step to the fore, step up, surface, turn out, turn up|
| ||See Also:|| ||act, all out, appear, break, bring out, cease, change form, change shape, come forth, come out, come out, debouch, deform, dehisce, disclose, discover, divulge, egress, emerge, end, escape, eventuate, expose, fall, finish, give away, go forth, happen, impart, issue, leak, let on, let out, materialise, materialize, move, pop out, radiate, rank, reveal, stop, terminate, work out|
| ||Related Terms:|| ||act, act as foil, appear, appear in print, arise, attend, bail out, barnstorm, be born, be found, be revealed, be so, be such, become, become known, become manifest, become of, become public, become visible, betray itself, break, break cover, break forth, break out, break through, burst forth, buzz about, circulate, come, come about, come along, come forth, come forward, come in sight, come of, come on, come through, come to be, come to hand, come to light, contrive, crop out, crop up, debouch, debut, develop, discover itself, disembogue, effuse, emanate, embark in, embark on, embark upon, emerge, emote, emotionalize, end, ensue, enter, enter on, enter upon, erupt, eventuate, exit, extrude, fade in, fall out, fare, find vent, fly about, follow, get about, get abroad, get afloat, get along, get around, get by, get exposure, get on, get out, get to be, get top billing, go about, go along, go forth, go into, go on, go the rounds, go to press, hang out, have currency, have origin, heave in sight, irrupt, issue, issue forth, jump out, leak, leak out, look forth, loom, make out, manage, manifest itself, materialize, mime, ooze out, originate, out, outcrop, pan out, pantomime, patter, peep out, perform, play, play the lead, playact, protrude, prove, prove to be, rear its head, register, result, rise, run out, sally, sally forth, see the light, shape up, show, show its colors, show its face, show up, sketch, spread, spread about, spread like wildfire, spring up, stack up, stand revealed, star, steal the show, stooge, stream forth, strike the eye, surface, take birth, take rise, take up, terminate, transpire, tread the boards, troupe, turn out, turn up, unfold, upstage, work out|