Meaning of RUN-DOWN
|Pronunciation: || ||run dawn|
| ||Definition:|| |
- [adj] having the spring unwound; "a run-down watch"
- [adj] worn and broken down by hard use; "a creaky shack"; "a decrepit bus...its seats held together with friction tape"; "a flea-bitten sofa"; "a run-down neighborhood"; "a woebegone old shack"
- [v] use up all one's strength and energy and stop working; "At the end of the march, I pooped out"
- [v] injure or kill by running over, as with a car
- [v] pursue until captured; "They ran down the fugitive"
- [v] move downward; "The water ran down"
- [v] examine hastily
- [v] deplete; "exhaust one's savings"; "We quickly played out our strength"
- [v] trace; "We are running down a few tips"
RUN-DOWN is a 8 letter word that starts with R.
| ||Synonyms:|| ||check out, conk out, creaky, decrepit, exhaust, flea-bitten, glance over, malfunctioning, nonfunctional, peter out, play out, poop out, rake, run out, run over, sap, scan, skim, tire, woebegone, worn|
| ||See Also:|| ||act on, chase, chase after, consume, course, deplete, dog, eat, eat up, examine, fatigue, flow, follow up on, go after, injure, jade, pall, pursue, run, run through, see, tag, tail, tire, track, trail, use up, weary, wipe out, wound|